The official application and recommendation forms MUST be obtained from the public school systems participating in Maggie Walker. Links to sample forms are below. Please note that as samples, the forms do not reflect accurate dates. For accurate information, see the 2019-2020 Application Schedule and current forms (which are available from your public middle school):
2019-2020 Sample Application + Sample Recommendation Forms A & B
Sample Application (in Spanish) + Sample Recommendation Form A (in Spanish) + Sample Recommendation Form B (in Spanish)
Students enrolled in public school systems participating in Maggie Walker must obtain the official applications through their middle school counselors.
Students not currently enrolled in public schools must receive official applications and admissions information through the participating public school division of their residence. Proof of residency must be provided to receive applications. (“Home public middle school” is the school that a student would attend if the student were enrolled in public schools.)
- Charles City – Office of the Director of Special Programs at (804) 652-4679.
- Chesterfield – Home public middle school counseling department.
- City of Hopewell – Office of Gifted Programs, (804) 541-6400.
- Hanover – Home public middle school counseling department.
- Henrico – Office of Gifted Programs at (804) 652-3765.
- Goochland – Office of Gifted Programs at (804) 556-5610.
- King and Queen – Office of the gifted program administrator at (804) 785-5981.
- New Kent – Office of Instruction at (804) 966-9697.
- Petersburg – Home public middle school counseling department.
- Powhatan – Gifted Coordinator at (804) 598-5720.
- Prince George – Clements Junior High School counseling office at (804) 733-2700.
- Richmond City – Home public middle school counseling department.