Attention Incoming Freshmen, Class of 2027
Placement Test for Students Interested in Taking Algebra II Plus
Step 1: Access the Test
Step 2: Take the Test
- You must complete the test in one sitting of 75 minutes or less. You may use scratch paper but NO CALCULATORS ARE PERMITTED and no other resources may be used.
Step 3: Enter Your Answers
- After completing the test, submit your answers using the following link: http://www.quia.com/quiz/4179124.html. Be sure to enter your name!! You can only enter Quia once to enter your answers so DO NOT open Quia until you are ready to input your answers. When completed, you will immediately receive a score and will be able to see which problems you missed. See placement test letter from mailing with details.
- The test must be completed by April 10th. Course information will be available in the freshman mailing.
If you have any questions about taking this test and submitting results, please email Connie Hill, the math department chair, at [email protected]
The MLWGS Mathematics program is a rigorous college preparatory course of study. The emphasis throughout the mathematics curriculum is placed on communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, creative thinking, and logical reasoning. These aims are achieved by using a variety of pedagogical methods including collaborative learning, technology-based learning, discovery through manipulatives, and the utilization of real-world applications. A variety of assessment techniques are used to account for different learning styles and individual strengths or interests. As a minimum for graduation, all students must complete a core sequence of courses through Precalculus. In addition, the mathematics department offers a variety of elective courses including AP, dual enrollment, and independent research. Opportunities to develop and expand learning are present not only in the classroom but also through various department-sponsored programs and extracurricular activities.
Courses offered typically include:
- Algebra II
- Algebra II Plus
- Precalculus Plus
- Data Analytics
- Applications of Contemporary Discrete Mathematics
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus AB and BC
- Calculus With Analytic Geometry I
- Calculus With Analytic Geometry II
- Basic Practice of Statistics
- Applications of Statistics
- Advanced Modeling Applications With Calculus
- Multivariable Calculus
- Introduction to Mathematical Reasoning
- Linear Algebra